DSA Stage Navigation

Evidence - Disabled Students' Allowance

Disabled Students' Allowance Evidence

To show that you qualify for Disabled Students' Allowance, you will need to provide evidence that you have a disability, mental-health condition, medical condition, or a specific learning difficulty, such as dyslexia, which affects your ability to study.

You may need to pay for any tests or letters to prove that you qualify.

If you cannot afford this you may be able to get financial help through your University or College. You should speak to a Disability Adviser about this.

Doctor's Note

Doctors Note

If you have a physical disability, medical condition, mental health condition or sensory impairment, you will need to provide medical evidence of this. This can be a letter from a Doctor or suitable Specialist.
You can also fill in the: Mental Health Evidence form

Diagnostic Assessment

Diagnostic Assessment

If you have a specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia, you must provide evidence in the form of a post-16 Diagnostic Assessment from a Chartered Psychologist with a Health Professional Council (HPC) Practising Certificate, or a specialist dyslexia teacher with a Practising Certificate.

Sending Evidence

Please ensure that you have used the correct application form and are sending information to the appropriate funding body before proceeding
Please make copies of any evidence before sending it to your DSA Funding Provider.

Sending DSA Evidence

This evidence needs to be sent with your Application Form for Disabled Students' Allowances. See: Application Form

For more information contact your DSA Funding Provider

Next Step